A prescription medication can change your life for the better; however, that same drug can also be what irreversibly damages another person’s future. If you suffered an injury due to a dangerous prescription drug, contact our product liability lawyers at Cates Mahoney, LLC at 618-277-3644.
Dangerous Prescription Drugs
Many drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration can be dangerous. Medications you believe you can trust can lead to injuries, long-term disabilities, and death. You may have suffered through a life-threatening situation, hospitalization, traumatic treatment, and more. You deserve to be able to hold the drug manufacturer or your medical provider responsible.
Potentially dangerous prescription drugs include:
- Birth control pills
- Blood thinners
- Opioid painkillers
- Osteoporosis medications
- Prednisone or cortisone
- Propecia for hair loss
- Statins to reduce cholesterol
- Stimulants for ADHD treatment
- Type 2 diabetes medications
If you were injured due to one of these drugs or a different medication, don’t hesitate to contact our experienced Belleville product liability attorneys at Cates Mahoney, LLC to learn your legal rights.
Legal Options in Dangerous Drugs Claims
Not everyone who experiences a negative reaction to a medication has the right to sue and recover damages. There are certain causes of action that allow someone who has been hurt by a potentially dangerous drug to recover from the manufacturer or medical provider, including:
- Failure to warn: Medications typically have known risks. The manufacturer should disclose these risks to you so that you are fully informed before you consent to taking a drug. You may also hear about potential side effects or medication interactions from your pharmacist. If you weren’t warned about the potential risks of a drug, we can help you recover compensation for injuries you incurred.
- Improper disbursement: If a pharmacy makes a mistake by giving you the wrong medication or dosage, and you were injured as a result, you may be able to recover compensation from the pharmacy or pharmacist. Our dangerous drug attorneys can help you determine if a lawsuit is in your best interests.
- Wrongful administration: While you are in a hospital or other health care facility, doctors and nurses are generally responsible for giving you the correct medication. However, medication errors are common. If you were prescribed the wrong medication or it was incorrectly administered and you were hurt, you may have a right to recovery.
- Defective design or manufacturing: When a drug is designed or manufactured in such a way that it is inherently dangerous, it may be defective. In this case, many people may be injured and may file a class action or mass tort claim that you can join. We will thoroughly investigate your case and figure out who caused your injury and whether joining a lawsuit would benefit you.
If you believe one of these causes of action describes your current situation, don’t hesitate to contact our attorneys at Cates Mahoney, LLC to begin investigating what happened and to gain a better understanding of your legal rights.
The exact recovery you can seek depends on your specific cause of action. Cates Mahoney, LLC will help you recover the maximum possible compensation in your case.
You may be able to recover compensation for the following past and future losses:
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life or loss of a normal l
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Wage loss
Contact a Belleville Drug Injury Lawyer at Cates Mahoney, LLC Today
Our attorneys at Cates Mahoney, LLC have years of experience in product liability issues, particularly litigating dangerous prescription drug cases. We are highly respected for our ability to take, manage, and litigate these cases, and we have a proven track record of success for our clients. We have succeeded in obtaining million and multi-million dollar recoveries. We are confident we can fight for a beneficial outcome for you.
Call Cates Mahoney, LLC today at 618-277-3644 for a free consultation or use our contact us online to tell us how we can help you.