Belleville Truck Accident Lawyers
Dump trucks, oversized trucks, garbage trucks, and other commercial vehicles are common on roads in Illinois. You likely see these vehicles on your way to and from work, school, or even when you’re simply out running errands. Semis and 18-wheelers are hard to avoid, especially on the highways. Because there are so many of these semis on the road, accidents with these vehicles are not uncommon. Even if you do everything correctly and drive as the law says you should, there is still a chance that you’ll get into an accident with a tractor-trailer. If you’ve been involved in a collision with one of these large trucks, you may be able to file an accident claim against the driver, trucking company, or other parties.
Belleville truck accident lawyers at Cates Mahoney, LLC have experience working with clients throughout Illinois. We are dedicated personal injury lawyers with the knowledge and resources to represent your interests after a devastating accident. If you have been injured in a truck accident, contact our Belleville truck accident lawyers today at 618-277-3644 to schedule a free and confidential case consultation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
The vast majority of long-haul trucks are owned by corporate entities who use them for shipping or delivering goods from one location to another. Drivers often spend long hours on the road and travel for extended periods of time. All that time on the road makes it more likely that they will have an accident with a non-commercial, personal vehicle or pedestrian.
There are many reasons why a pedestrian or motorist could be struck by a large commercial vehicle, including:
- Driver Error – Although truck drivers receive special training, they are not immune from making errors while on the road. They may misjudge how much space they have to make a lane change or a turn. Or they could underestimate how much time they have left to stop when another vehicle is in front of them. In 2013, more than half of all truck accidents were caused by driver error. If you want to know about your chances of recovering compensation after an accident caused by driver negligence or recklessness, call a Belleville truck accident lawyer at Cates Mahoney, LLC today.
- Company Negligence – The company that owns the vehicle has a responsibility to properly maintain it. Companies who regularly permit the improper loading of trucks or overworking of drivers may be responsible for injuries caused as a result of such negligence. We will fight for your rights against big trucking companies to level the legal playing field.
- Hazardous Conditions – Trucks and other large vehicles have much less maneuverability than smaller vehicles. Navigating construction zones and poorly maintained roads can be difficult. Severe weather can cause dangerous situations. Our semi truck accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case and help you recover compensation from those who were reckless or negligent. A Belleville truck accident lawyer at Cates Mahoney, LLC can help you recover compensation if you’ve been injured in an accident brought on by hazardous road conditions.
- Intoxicated Driving – Truck drivers often push themselves in order to perform more hours than is possible. At times they may try to enhance performance with drugs, alcohol, or prescription medications. When those substances negatively impact driving, they may be responsible for any resulting accidents. If you’ve been hurt in an accident caused by an intoxicated truck driver, call us today.
Drivers, trucking companies, construction companies, and even government entities may be responsible for causing an accident with a large truck. They all have powerful insurance companies and deep pockets to defend your claim against them. Our Belleville truck accident attorneys will represent your interests against those who are responsible. Call us today to schedule your free consultation.
Common Injuries Caused by Collisions with Large Vehicles
Because of the large size of commercial vehicles, trucking accidents can result in serious injuries. The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) reported that more than 3,000 truck accidents caused injuries in 2014.
Large truck accidents often result in the following:
- Amputated limbs and extremities
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Our Belleville truck accident attorneys at Cates Mahoney, LLC understand the potential injuries that can occur. Let us deal with your injury claim and other legal issues while you focus on recovery. Call us today for help with your case.
Fatal Trucking Accidents
The size disadvantage of smaller vehicles during an accident with a large truck can often result in catastrophic injuries, and even death. In cases where a passenger car and a commercial truck collide and results in a fatality, that fatality occurs to someone in the passenger vehicle 98 percent of the time.
If your loved one was fatally injured in an accident with an 18-wheeler or another large commercial vehicle, you may be unsure of how to deal with the aftermath. You may have lost a major source of household income, and the bills could be stacking up. Our Belleville truck accident attorneys at Cates Mahoney, LLC offer compassionate representation so that you can focus on mourning your loss. Let us help you determine if a wrongful death claim will enable you to recover compensation after the loss of a loved one. Call us today for a free, initial consultation of your case.
What to Do After a Semi Truck Accident
Not all accidents can be avoided, but there are steps you can take if you are involved in a truck accident. First, remain calm and seek medical treatment if necessary. Next, you should reach out to our Belleville truck accident lawyers. Evidence fades quickly, and we need to begin an investigation before it disappears. The at-fault driver’s insurance agents and investigators will begin working against you as soon as they are notified of the accident. You should have someone working for you at the same time. Cates Mahoney, LLC will help you navigate the complex legal system after an accident with a large truck. Contact us today for help after getting into an accident with a tractor-trailer or other commercial vehicle.
Recovering Your Losses After an Accident
An accident with one of the many trucks traveling on roads in Illinois can be devastating. Injuries can be severe and life-changing. If you’ve been injured, you may be able to recover compensation for your losses in the past and future, including:
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life or loss of a normal life
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Wage loss
Every claim is different. To learn more about the legal process for recovering compensation, contact a Belleville truck accident lawyer at Cates Mahoney, LLC. We will evaluate your case and help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your losses.
Contact us today
Our attorneys have extensive experience dealing with motor vehicle claims in Illinois and throughout the United States. We are familiar with the laws that will enable you to recover compensation for your losses. We will help you understand the law and what kind of claim may benefit you most.Contact us today at 618-277-3644 to let us begin working for you.
How the Belleville Truck Accident Lawyers at Cates Mahony, LLC Can Help
When you’re in an accident with a large, commercial truck, you likely have several questions. Who is at fault? Will your injuries prevent you from working for a period of time? What are you going to do? Whatever the cause of your accident may be, your primary concern should be your well-being and that of your friends, loved ones, and/or passengers. Your second concern is most likely ensuring that the driver and the trucking company are held responsible for their negligence. The Belleville truck accident attorneys at Cates Mahoney, LLC are ready and able to ensure that this happens.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed as a result of a tractor-trailer or semi truck crash, we may be able to help. Call us today at 618-277-3644, or use the contact us online to schedule a free and confidential case consultation.
Our office is conveniently located in Swansea, we provide experienced representation throughout Illinois, including the communities of Carbondale, Chester, East St. Louis, Edwardsville, Granite City, Waterloo and Madison County, Monroe County and Randolph County.
Our Belleville accident lawyers have the knowledge to help you obtain the best possible outcome in your case.